Thursday, May 10, 2007

VIVA means LIFE in Latin

Both my dad and bro was sitting at the dining table. Each of them having their own laptop side by side connected to the Wifi. It was so silent that only can hear our CPU fans blowing out the hot air. 3 of us were sooo concentrate on our own stuff; my bro checking his mail, my dad preparing his presentasion slide, my mum was sleeping and I'm reading Paul Tan's blog.

We had a short conversation, and my bro make fun of my dad. The conversation went on, and here how it's goes.

Onn: Yan, the VIVA is so ulgly la ... (then continue reads his mail)
Yan: .... (didn't pay attention on what he's talking)
Dad: What is VIVA?

Onn: He he he... A pretty women. No la, it's a car's name.
Yan: It's a car la! Perodua's new car (not knowing that my bro already told my dad).
Dad: I know it's a car. Your bro just told me that laaa.

10 seconds later...

Dad: Do you know what's the meaning of VIVA?
Onn: What?
Dad: VIVA is Latin word, it means 'LIFE'.
Onn: Yea.. I know.

Dad: Most of the Latin words which started with letter 'V' are related to LIFE.
Onn: Oh really? (Not convinced with the statement he made) How about Vitagin?
Dad: ... ...

5 seconds later...

Onn: How about Volvo? Visa ?
Dad: ... ...
Yan: LOL!

0 comments: