Monday, July 07, 2008

Mum's upate - 7 July 08

I'm sharing this email, sent by my mum on 7 July 08 to her fellow friends.
------------------------------------------------------

Hello ! Here is Rosemary speaking.

Matthew 25:34-41 Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'

Dear Sisters from our Fraser Tower Condo Ladies Bible Study Group,

1. I don’t know how to express my gratitude towards your constant prayer support and your timely practical act of love supplying daily lunches and dinners
to my door steps, not just one day, not one week but for weeks end-on and PTL it is still on-going. I can only sum it all up by proclaiming the name of
Jesus Christ, for He is Jehovah Jireh.

2. Dear sisters, God saw my needs and you were instrumental to come to my rescue. His grace is wonderful and abundant. It is certainly sufficient for me. I shall always be reminded of this. In my prayers I am constantly reminded of your love generosity, a thing I shall not be able to re-pay enough. May I seek God for a greater portion of His Grace to each and every one of you and your respective households. May He top up your caring ministry with Icing of Love and Caramel of Joy.

3. About my cancer treatment:

i. Due to my bad liver function condition, now at 20% efficiency, medically there is little hope. On 23 June doctor said I have TWO months to live. That’s right, 2 months he said. Now that was doctor’s conclusion on my life Expectancy. Naturally, I was shock at the news for a while. So soon meh! But I do believe that God’s report on me is not out and He will reveal it to me in His time.

ii. I hang on to my creator and Savior’s promises. And I pray for divine Intervention and healing. I know the Lord will not forsake me to leave me fighting the battle alone. He will be by my side as I journey on.

iii. On 30 June doctor gave me the liver function results. There was a significant drop on some liver enzymes indicators. That was a bit of ‘good news’ but not sufficient to indicate a turn on my cancer for the better. But still it was a result to draw little comfort from.

iv. I am now on oral chemo (Xeloda) at a lower dosage as the doctor found Taxol was too potent for my body. Xeloda comes with numerous side effects. Notablly, tiredness, hand and feet syndromes, mouth soars, hair-drop and etc… I have all these. Please be warn that you will see a bald headed Rosemary the next time you visit me. My soar mouth came for a week and now gone. I am able to resume taking solid food and I am able to conduct a conversation in comfort without the soar. Oh yes indeed, I can enjoy your cooking of solid delicious food once again. How appetizing the thought is!

4. Thank you and thank you for the food.

May His grace, love of Jesus Christ and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all, evermore. Amen!

Sister in Christ,

Rosemary

3 comments:

Voon Chean, 文铨 said...

Just a suggestion, why don't you setup a blog for ur mom, so that she can put her updates there, can share among friends and family. You and her friends will give her comments and support from time to time, that keep up her everyday so that she won't be so boring.

Just my 2 cents. Hope your mom getting better and better.

y@n said...

Good idea also. I'll do it when i discharged from hospital.

Unknown said...

Thinking of and praying for Auntie Rosemary and your family