Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My dad discovered 'new land' - 老爸子發現新大陸

After work, I went for a movie at 1U with my sister and cousin sister. The movie start at 8:45pm, and I receive my dad's call at 8:30pm. I quickly walked out from the theater and answer it.

Dad: Yan, I sent your uncle an email just now and he reply immediately. I think he's online now. I wonder if I could use your Skype account to chat with him? What's your Skype password?
Yan: Hm... It has been long time I didn't use Skype, I forgot my password. Why not you register yourselves a Skype account, it's very easy, shouldn't take long.

After I hang up, and I began feel bad. It seems like I push him away when he needs my favour, and I didn't receive any call from him. I arrived home at 11:00pm. Very tired, planned to take bath and head straight to bed. Just about I walk to my room, dad walks out from the kitchen and scratch my back.

Dad: Hey, do you know what happened today??
Yan: What's up?

Dad: (Very excited) I registered myself a Skype account! I called your uncle in UK and we chat.
Yan: That's great! You've made it.
Mum: Yan, your 'big brother' (dad) had discovered a new land (發現新大陸), ha ha ha...
Dad: He he.. it was quite easy, just register in Skype website to create an account. Got your uncle's Skype ID, and add him into the list. Very fast I can see him appear in my list, then we chat over net.
Yan: Well, now it's time for you to explore more since you have plenty of time at home. Next, you're going to get your own MSN account.
Dad: Ha ha ha... I have no friend to chat with. Why should I have a MSN account wor?
Yan: You can chat with your daughter, nephews and nieces ga ma.

Dad: We'll see how 1st.

Dad walks away joyfully to the living room area, lie down on the big couch and adjust to comfort position. Pick up the controller from the tea table and switch on his favourite channel. Yes, Channel 52 – National Geographic always his choice.

Dad’s really getting old now. From a fear father to me during my childhood, becomes my friend during my teenage days, and now he’s becoming like a child to me. I can see very often he likes to communicate and ‘involving’ himself into our life, so there will be less gap in father and son relationship. He will share his and I'll share mine. You know what? He knows how to sing Beyond's - 海闊天空. That's very awesome/cool, isn't ?



Really glad I had him beside me all the time and I still have lots to learn from him. And not to be forgotten, also thanks to my grandpa as well.


* Note: I'm not boasting how great my father is, but I'm writing my feeling from the bottom of my heart.

1 comments:

JET said...

hey yan, no worry i didnt feel tht u boasting.
I had the same feeling are you toward s our parent.
But my parent is different with you la... i'm still argue with him :p

However, we never know when long we me or our love 1 live in this world.
So it's very very important to share and send our love with them.
Gather with them, hv fun, sharing and etc....
Then you will not regret when any1 left us ... :)